Chocolate Laced: Night In Day

by - Wednesday, September 14, 2011


When I first saw this style of dress on the Zara website, I fell in love with it almost instantly. But I know I don't have Zara money, so when I was at work and I saw this dress, I knew I had to have it! It seems like more of a night time dress, but here's how I styled it for the daytime.

I tamed down my accessories because I honestly feel like the dress deserves to be the centerpiece of my outfit. I added my linen blazer, belted it and wore my strappy cork wedges to complete the look.

What I'm Wearing
Earrings: H&M (4 for $3)
Linen Blazer: UK Style French Connection ($12)
Little Black Dress: H&M ($26)
Leopard Bow Belt: ASOS ($5)
Black Strappy Cork Wedges: Paprika ($14)
Bracelet: Forever 21 ($4)
TOTAL: $57


I chose to wear this dress because today is the day that I audition for a fashion show at my university! I'm super nervous and crazy excited at the same time. I don't want to mess this up! I love the way the high waist on the dress give me the illusion of longer legs! And heels double the effect! I'm 5'8" and change but with these wedges, I'm easily 6'1"! I'm towering over just about everyone I walk by.

I love wearing wedges but I've been in these babies since 8 in the morning! But don't worry, I brought a pair of flats to ease the strain! Wish me luck on the fashion show tryouts! I had to choose between these two shoes but I decided that I'd wear the Steve Madden glitter pumps! (The others are Jessica Simpson Trixie sandals.)

They're the easiest heels to walk in!

Wish me luck!

You May Also Like

0 comments