Chocolate Laced: Tights Week - Racing Stripes & Awareness

by - Wednesday, October 12, 2011


The weather man told me that it would rain tonight and there's nothing worse than wearing tights in the rain! Well, there is one thing worse! Wearing white in the rain! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! To combat the rain, I decided to throw on my "Racing Stripes" tights and combat boots. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the movie, Racing Stripes, it's about a zebra who believed he was a racehorse. Well, if it starts to rain, I'm going to believe I'm a racehorse, too, start running!

I've realized that in my last two outfits, I've somehow incorporated the color pink into them. I've decided that I will continue with this trend in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. I have my pink peeking through the holes of my sweater. :) I'm also carrying the pink bag I used on Monday!

What I'm Wearing
Red Raincoat: Charles River ($7 - eBay)
Necklace: Icing ($5)
Earrings: same as yesterday
Pink Ruffle Tank: Walmart ($5)
Black Destroyed Open-Knit Sweater: Material Girl for Macy's ($10)
Gray Suspender Shorts: eBay ($10)
Black Sheer Zebra Tights: Charlotte Russe (2 for $6; $3 ea.)
Black Legwarmers: CTS ($1)
Black Knee-High Combat Boots: Journey's ($40)
TOTAL: $81

I kept my jacket on for the majority of the day because the shorts do nothing for my backside. They aren't tight. I have lots of wiggle room in them, but the material they're made with and how they're made just doesn't do my booty justice! (I don't have much of one to begin with!)


I love that these tights came with a pair in cheetah print, too! I won't wear those this week though. I'll save them for later. Two more days left of tights week and I think both days are supposed to be rainy days. I sure hope it stays dry long enough for me to a)take my pictures for each post and b) not get drenched on my walking commute to and from school/work.

I want to give a special thanks to Ashley of Pretty Confused for giving me a great compliment! She said that I make wearing colors look easy and stylish! I'm blushing!

follow me|twitter|bloglovin|chictopia

You May Also Like

0 comments