Guess Who's Back?!

by - Tuesday, December 20, 2011


I'm back! And so happy to be back! This semester was one of the toughest for me. I learned a lot in terms of how not to manage my time and I will not make the same mistakes in the spring! But onward to the evolution of my style during my absence!

I have my hair in braids again!
The fashion show was amazing! and
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of my outfits during my hiatus but I wish I did!

I've had to learn to layer and now I feel like I am a master of layering, which is incredibly important in Albany. The weather here is no joke... yet I continue to wear shorts and tights! I'll tell you my secret...

I always wear multiple pairs of tights in cold weather! That's my secret. I hate the cold so I would never [intentionally] sacrifice my warmth for the sake of my style. I love shorts and tights too much to give up the look just for the cold, so once the weather started dropping below 40 degrees, I started wearing two, sometimes three pairs of tights (or leggings underneath my tights.) People see me and think I'm cold, but that's only because they don't know my secret. ;) But if you don't know, you better ask somebody! Haha.

What I'm Wearing
Tan Linen Blazer: UK French Connection ($12)
Black Asymmetrical Button Down: H&M ($12)
Black and Cream Lace Corset: gift
Red Shorts: Old Navy thrifted ($2)
Dark Brown Belt: H&M (came with some pants)
Black Sweater Tights: H&M ($6)
Cream Oxfords: my sister's closet
TOTAL: $32

I'm going to dedicate a future post to layering and how to stay warm without sacrificing your style! Here's how I bundled up for the weather today:

I love layering my scarves. I actually inspired myself! I started with this outfit and ever since then, it's been my favorite cold-weather staple. Underneath my blazer, I added a thick, open cardigan and lastly, my wonderful gloves with fur cuffs.

To my surprise, I've gained many followers while I was away for almost two months! Thank you all so much for being patient with me and for supporting me even in my absence! It means so much to me! You're all so wonderful!

follow me|facebook|twitter|bloglovin|chictopia

You May Also Like

0 comments