Crouching Tiger, Thrifting Dragon

by - Thursday, March 01, 2012






What I'm Wearing
Black Scarf (on head): (gift)
Necklace & Earring set: (gift from Mom)
Gold Elephant Ring: F21 ($?)
Black & Gold Bird Bangle: Icing ($2)
Black Romber (as top): H&M ($5)
Gold Shimmery Scarf (as belt): H&M ($13)
Tiger/Zebra Print Full Skirt: Handmade (thrifted $9)
Black Tights: H&M ($10)
Black Suede Wedge Boots: Bakers ($15)

Okay. I thought I'd let you all know how amused I am by the title of this post. I'm incredibly amused. I had a little giggle to myself after I wrote it...squeals included.

Now that I'm fully composed I can tell you the mini story behind this wonderful skirt. I found it at Clothes Mentor, the more mature sister store to Plato's Closet. I was instantly attracted to it because of its print, but I was sold when I saw the price and the deal was sealed with the fit! I looked for a tag to see where it originally came from and I recognized the stitching and finishing of it to be that of one that had to be handmade! LOVE! So, of course, I did my happy dance for encountering such a marvelous item with a price to match!

This outfit was incredibly ridiculous to take off and I had to bring out my ninja and kung fu skills along with me whenever I needed to get out of it for a potty break. The romper I wore as a top is not the easiest thing to slip out of!

Hey! How do you like my boots!? They were on sale at Bakers for $14.92! Go figure!



follow me|facebook|twitter|bloglovin|chictopia

You May Also Like

0 comments